Set up email using Outlook for iOS app
- Do you have Outlook for iOS installed on your device?
- If it’s not installed on your device, download Outlook for iOS from the App Store. Open the app. If you want an introduction, tap Product Tour, or tap, Get Started.
- If it is installed on your device, open the app, and then tap tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap More > Settings > Add Account.
- On the Add An Account page, select the mail account you want to add:
- Tap Exchange if you have a work or school account in Office 365 for business or another Exchange-based mail account. This is the choice if we set up your account.
- Tap one of the other options if you have a different mail account. For example, tap Gmail if you want to add a Gmail account.
- Enter your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password, and then tap Sign in.
- The account will be added, and Outlook for iOS will begin to sync to the email account.
To learn more about using Outlook for iOS, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap More > Help. Or, use your browser and go to Frequently asked questions about Outlook for iOS and Android.
Set up Exchange email on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with native apps
If this is the first email account on your iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
Tap Microsoft Exchange for your work email account.
You don’t need to type anything in the Domain box. Type the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. You need to type your full email address in the Email and Username boxes (for example, email@example.com).
Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 8 if your mail program finds your settings.
- Office 365 autodiscovers here and you do not have to enter the servername most of the time. If your iPhone can’t find your settings, use outlook.office365.com for your server name.
- In the Server box, enter your server name, and then tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
- If you’re prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view your email account on your iPhone. You can set up a passcode later your iPhone settings.
Verify that your contacts are synced to the correct account
If you want contacts created on your phone to sync back into outlook, then you need to insure that the correct account is selected as the default location for contacts. Make sure that the exchange account you created above is selected to be the Default account under Contacts.
Remove any unused accounts
You should delete the old account since it will no longer be available. All of your older emails will appear in the new account although it may take some time for them to sync back up.